To help you manage the claim submission and reimbursement process with UnitedHealthcare, as well as access the CARES ACT funding available to health care professionals, here’s a summary of resources to address your most common questions and concerns. Use this list of quick links as an easy reference to save you time.
- Telehealth Coding Scenarios: This guide has helpful examples of how UnitedHealthcare might reimburse for telehealth services during the national emergency, and we have additional coding and reimbursement guidance available on our website.
- Expanded Telehealth Access: Policies around telehealth have been expanded across all of our health plans.
- Timely Filing: Claims with a date of service on or after Jan. 1, 2020 will not be denied for timely filing deadlines if submitted by June 30, 2020.
- Videos to Help Guide Billing: Two videos are available for easy visual instruction on billing for COVID-19-related office visits and laboratory tests.
- Prior Authorization Requirements: Many requirements have been suspended or eased during the national emergency period. Review specific details and dates here.
- CARES Act Training: UnitedHealth Group has been selected to facilitate delivery of CARES Act Provider Relief funding through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). This user guide will help you navigate the HHS provider portal, and this quick tutorial outlines what you need to know to request or confirm additional relief funding.
We know there are outstanding questions related to billing and coverage – the COVID-19 public health emergency continues to evolve and we’re working closely with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the federal government and state agencies to update information as quickly as possible. There may be additional questions you have about other things related to COVID-19.